So, things have been a little quiet around here due to my hellish bachelor project,
but i have finally found the time to post my latest creations! Incubi “converts” from some old High Elf
The main focus of this project was to practice, or discover, a way to use glow.
Did i manage to pull it off? To some extent.
To be completly honest with you, i’m actually still in doubt.
The overall proces of painting these figures was surprizingly easy;
- Base-coat in GW colours (watered down black, + 2 metal copper-ish colours and a bit of brown).
- Basecoat weapon in silver and hair with some sort of bone-white yellowish colour.
- Wash with black ink (watered down)
- “Highlight” with brown on clothy areas, leave the rest (since i was going for a very dark and gloomy look for these figures)
- Drybrush with Khorne Red (a darker shade), then a lighter shade of red followed på white
- Glaze with red
- Drybrush slightly with white and also paint the “gem” of the sword white
- Glaze with red again
- Finish up (details as eyes and other small parts)
Albeit, this is not a very detailed walk-through of what i did, i still thought the figures turned out fantastic, and they blend right in to the rest of my army. Next up will be some eldar allies and possibly my tourny-list (which is itching to go public).
Also considering investing in a AIRbrush, so any reckommendations in that direction would be fantastic!!
Until next time :> Audr3y